Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » granting a user rights to another users account (oracle 10G, Windows 2003/XP Pro)
granting a user rights to another users account [message #306011] Wed, 12 March 2008 10:00 Go to next message
Phillawson
Hi, I'm trying to allow one of our students to grant access to his oracle account to another student so that they can work together on a project. The student accounts are basically copies of the SCOTT account (Unlimited tablespace with connect and resource).
I'm sure I did it under earlier versions of oracle but I can't remember.
Does anyone know if this is possible?
Thanks,
Phil Lawson.
Re: granting a user rights to another users account [message #306019 is a reply to message #306011] Wed, 12 March 2008 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Do you want to copy an account parameters to another one? To create an account like another one? To grant access to objects of an account to another one? To create objects in an account like there are in another one?
I think question is not clear.

Regards
Michel
Re: granting a user rights to another users account [message #306049 is a reply to message #306019] Wed, 12 March 2008 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phillawson
Hi, sorry about the delay, I had to speak to the lecturer concerned.
She wants student1, who has a table named Products in his account, to be able to allow student2 to enter, update, delete and query the table contents.
Re: granting a user rights to another users account [message #306059 is a reply to message #306049] Wed, 12 March 2008 12:59 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
She (student1) has to execute a grant statement for this.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: cannot able to open the database with startup option
Next Topic: Size details for files in Tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 19:56:55 CDT 2024