Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » system statistics - where can I see the current values (9iR2)
system statistics - where can I see the current values [message #297199] Wed, 30 January 2008 10:46 Go to next message
hellcat
Hi

When gathering object stats (e.g. DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS) I can see the results in DBA_TABLES columns (e.g. AVG_ROW_LEN).
What about system stats, DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SYSTEM_STATS puts them into a table (e.g. stattab => 'SYSTEM_STATS') or directly into the data dictionary. I the first case I can see the values in SYSTEM_STATS table and use DBMS_STATS.IMPORT_SYSTEM_STATS to load them into the data dictionary. What if I load them directly into the data dictionary, is there a DBA_/V_$ View I can select from to see the current values in the data dictionary?
I couldn't figure that out from the documentation nor from searching the forum...

Thanks!

/hc
Re: system statistics - where can I see the current values [message #297201 is a reply to message #297199] Wed, 30 January 2008 10:56 Go to previous message
hellcat
I was too early to ask the question. I just realized that there are GET_ procedures in DBMS_STATS package to get information from the data dictionary...sorry for that!
But still it would be more convenient to be able to select it from a data dictionary view than using a programmatic interface...
Previous Topic: Oracle and Solaris Zones
Next Topic: Error during starting a database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 19:56:27 CDT 2024