Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » sqlplus (Oracle 10G O/s windows)
icon7.gif  sqlplus [message #296767] Tue, 29 January 2008 00:27 Go to next message
saagar
dear all
i have manually created database and it is running successfully
the problem i am facing when ever i want to login as sysdba from sqlplusw ....not by command prompt it gives me error of ora-12560 TNS adapter well i checked with that i have create tnsnames and listener and they are running fine
when ever from sqlplusw i login as a sysdba it gets connected then gives me warning and ask to run PUPBLD.sql from system user this pupbld.sql is in /ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin...

i run that and again restarted the database server now it is given same warning ...and i am not able to login from sqlplusw as sysdba
pls help me to resolve this error...

regards
SQL> conn
Enter user-name: sys as sysdba
Enter password: ******
ERROR:
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
Re: sqlplus [message #296768 is a reply to message #296767] Tue, 29 January 2008 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajavu1

Quote:
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
Cause: A generic protocol adapter error occurred.
Action: Check addresses used for proper protocol specification. Before reporting this error, look at the error stack and check for lower level transport errors. For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute the operation. Turn off tracing when the operation is complete.

Thumbs Up
Rajuvan
Re: sqlplus [message #296771 is a reply to message #296767] Tue, 29 January 2008 00:38 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Set ORACLE_SID in your registry in HKLM\Software\Oracle\<your home> key.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Contents of database buffer cache
Next Topic: Metrics "Database Time Spent Waiting (%)" is at 30.09256 for event class "Commit"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:05:31 CDT 2024