Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Beret
Beret [message #200668] Tue, 31 October 2006 18:06 Go to next message
berete2v
Hi,

Could anyone tell me what responsibility is assigned to Orcale Financials Functional Consultants to allow them to perform their implementation tasks? Is it "GL corporate Super User" for General Ledger, and "AP Corporate Super User" for Account Payables, and "AR Corporate Super User" for Account Receivables?

What about the responsibilities assigned to the Orcale Financials Technical Consultants?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Beret
Re: Beret [message #201123 is a reply to message #200668] Thu, 02 November 2006 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
In general, it is extremely likely that you will use Responsibilities with names containing "Super User", because that is the sort of level of access that you will require to perform the implementation. However, whether you want "Corporate" or "Group" or "Ireland" or "USA" or "India" Super User access will depend on which part of the organisation you are setting up.

Setting up the Responsibilities and allocating names to them is part of the implementation, and so nobody outside the implementation can really tell you which one(s) you should use. You really need to talk to the rest of the implementation team. Who set up the Responsibilities you listed? (Clue: query the Responsibility, then do Help, About this Record.) They should be able to guide you.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Beret [message #201140 is a reply to message #201123] Thu, 02 November 2006 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berete2v
Hi David,

Thank you so much for your quick and very helpful explanation. I am very grateful. Everything is clarified except how to go about "querying the who set up the responsibilities" in question.

Is it true that, during the implementation of Oracle applications 11i, the definition of responsibilities, users, system profile values, Gl profile options, and other application security issues are only set up by the system administrator.

Would you say that, within the Oracle 11i implementation team, Functional or Technical Consultants could see themselves defining the above?

Thank you again.

Beret
Re: Beret [message #201328 is a reply to message #201140] Fri, 03 November 2006 09:11 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
berete2v wrote on Thu, 02 November 2006 21:03
Is it true that, during the implementation of Oracle applications 11i, the definition of responsibilities, users, system profile values, Gl profile options, and other application security issues are only set up by the system administrator.

Would you say that, within the Oracle 11i implementation team, Functional or Technical Consultants could see themselves defining the above?

In answer to your first question, you have to use the System Administrator Responsibility to define Users, Responsibilities etc. However, you do not have to use the SYSADMIN userid, you just need to have the System Administrator Responsibility assigned to your userid.

In answer to your second question, in most of the large projects that I have been involved in, I have found that the earlier in the project, the more users have access to the System Administrator Responsibility.

So, when the first environment is built, to demonstrate basic concepts and try out different options, anybody who can claim to have at least one implementation under their belt is allowed access to the System Administrator Responsibility.

By the time it comes to build the UAT environment, only the APPS DBA (or Technical Lead consultant), the Functional Lead consultant (only one), the Application Lead consultants (one per Application) and perhaps the Key Users (who will one day be the Super Users) have access to the System Administrator Responsibility.

By the time it comes to build the PROD environment, perhaps only the APPS DBA, the Functional Lead consultant (only one) and perhaps the Key Users have access to the System Administrator Responsibility.

By the time the project is live, only the APPS DBA and two Super Users will have access to the System Administrator Responsibility. You don't normally allow the implementation team to have access to the System Administrator Responsibility in the live PRODUCTION environment.

In a very small project, there might only by one Technical and one Functional consultant, to they will always have access to the System Administrator Responsibility until the system is live and operational.

However, all of this will vary from project to project and from organisation to organisation. There is no hard and fast rule. You will probably want tasks like defining printers and concurrent programs to be handled by a Technical Consultant, but defining the Users and Responsibilities could easily be done by Functional Consultants who have worked with the business to identify the business requirements. If I try to lay down a hard and fast rule for you, somebody else will give a very good reason for doing it differently.

Cool I may not have given you the clean, sharp answer that you wanted to hear, but if I have made you think about the options, that is no bad thing.

David
Previous Topic: iProcurement Notes or Doc...
Next Topic: Menu/Submenu/Function report - how to
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 22:39:20 CDT 2024