Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » interview experiance on oracle functional
icon5.gif  interview experiance on oracle functional [message #182838] Tue, 18 July 2006 06:37 Go to next message
bhanu222
Hi buddy,
last week i went to an interview, there i felt difficult to answer to the following queries if you know the best answers, plz send me these r the questions.
1. if i give u a blank instance how can you implement oracle apps financials on it starting with GL,AP,AR?
2. where do you convert stock rates in your oracle apps(gl)?
3.how many legal entities & operating units can we use at max and mini?
4. how many accounting types are there in receivables?
5. how do you close your payment date in payables widow without applying effective dates?
6.what are the testing & document types in AIM?and how many types are they?
7. how do you pay your payments from one currency to another in payables?
if you know the accute answers which are apt for these queries plz forward it to my mail id:gbprasad1@gmail.com
icon2.gif  Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #186868 is a reply to message #182838] Thu, 10 August 2006 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kailashbagul

I can probably answer only last question.
How to make foreign currency payments.

The bank account out of which you are paying should be Enable Multicurrency. This can be done from the Bank Account screen.

The Payable option Allow Multicurrency Payments should be enabled.

Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #186908 is a reply to message #186868] Thu, 10 August 2006 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhanu222
Hi kailashbagul,
Thaks alot .
Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #186932 is a reply to message #182838] Thu, 10 August 2006 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi Bhanu..

ans :- AR Supports 2 A/cing Methods . They are

1) Accrual Method :
The Accounting is done as and when the various transactions occur. When a sale is made to the customer, the system recognizes the revenue on the sale immediately although the customer makes the payments aa a later point of time. In Other Words, revenue recognition does nto wait for actual cash inflow from the customers.

2).Cash Method : The system recognizes transactin based on the cash realization. Until such tiem money is realized, accounting is deferred. When a sale is made tothe customer, the system recognizes the revenue portion of the transaction lnly when money is received from the customer and not when the Invoice is raised.

In AR., the Option i.e. which a/cing method you want to use for u Org ., @ System Option their is tab name with "Accounting Region". Here we need to select any a/cing method.

2. where do you convert stock rates in your oracle apps(gl)?
..i didn't get?? can u explain the situation in brief ???

6.what are the testing & document types in AIM?and how many types are they?

Ans : iam not sure about this issue, but i will give the doucmets which we can use for testing..

TE020 ---Unit test Script
TE030 --- Link Test Script
TE040 --System Test Script
TE050 --- Systems Integration Test Script
TE110 --- Test Report for System Test.
TE130 -- Test Report for Acceptance Test.

PT010 --Performance Testing Strategy
PT020 --Performance TEst Scenarios
PT030 -- Performance Test Transaction Program Designs
PT040-- Performance Test Scripts..

1. if i give u a blank instance how can you implement oracle apps financials on it starting with GL,AP,AR?
Ans : i guess their no perfect method to handle this situation .i guess.. coz its depends on u r Project plan..
when the application installed then u can check then wht Preceded is ther or not?? and know the patch list module wise from metalink and check eithet the patch's are applied or not..

i not sure about the solution, if any one came with any new information,, it could be usefull to me also..

Thanks
Shashidhar K

Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #186961 is a reply to message #186868] Thu, 10 August 2006 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
kailashbagul wrote on Thu, 10 August 2006 06:13

I can probably answer only last question.
How to make foreign currency payments.

The bank account out of which you are paying should be Enable Multicurrency. This can be done from the Bank Account screen.

The Payable option Allow Multicurrency Payments should be enabled.

A question similar to this one is causing a raging debate on another Oracle Applications Forum.

Before you can use a new currency, it has to be enabled:
Sysadmin: Application>Currency

Then you have to define a Payables Document that uses the new currency. Then you have to assign the Payables Document to a Bank Account, which must have the Enable Multicurrency flag set (or you will have to define a new Bank Account in the new currency, then attach the Payables Document to that).

Now, when you enter an invoice in the new currency, you will be able to pay it in that new currency.

Exclamation Arrow Note that, as of Release 11.5.9 you cannot pay an invoice with a Payment currency other than the Invoice currency. This facility has been requested and is being considered / planned for inclusion in R12 (or so I am told).

Cool HTH

David
Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #186967 is a reply to message #186932] Thu, 10 August 2006 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
shashidhar.k wrote on Thu, 10 August 2006 09:35

Confused I find this question is a bit misleading, as I don't know what an "Accounting Type" is, and I can't find any reference to it in the Oracle Receivables User's Guide.

So Shashidhar's answer about Accounting Methods may be quite relevant, but what about Transaction Types?

You can define as many Transaction Types as you need to run your business, but they must each be assigned one of the 6 classes: Invoice, Chargeback, Credit Memo, Debit Memo, Deposit and Guarantee. Please refer to the Oracle Receivables User's Guide, Setting Up, Transaction Types.

Cool HTH

David.
Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #186970 is a reply to message #186967] Thu, 10 August 2006 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kailashbagul

Not sure about AR, But in AP Accounting can be done in 3 ways.

A. Cash Basis Accounting -

B. Accrual Basis Accounting -

C. Combined Accounting(Both Cash and Accrual)-
icon14.gif  Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #187352 is a reply to message #182838] Sat, 12 August 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravi2006
Thank you buddy for the questions
Re: interview experiance on oracle functional [message #215836 is a reply to message #186961] Wed, 24 January 2007 01:12 Go to previous message
kumar_apps
Hi,

Thanks David, this clarifies my doubt too.

Regards
Kumar
Previous Topic: Inventory Transactions - work order less completion - Info required
Next Topic: bill-to location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 02:33:40 CDT 2024