Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Why did fromuser touser not work
Why did fromuser touser not work [message #72570] Mon, 21 July 2003 12:31 Go to next message
Stuart Macpherson
I had to pull around 200,000 rows back from a tape backup that had been deleted from a 9M row table.

I recovered the tablespace onto a cloned database and exported the table as the schema owner from the cloned database. I imported it into live as system but I used a different schema owner in touser on live to import into so that I would have the live table with the rows missing and the imported table under a different schema owner also on the live database with the missing rows present.

I used the command below to import onto live but it actually inserted the rows into the live table, seeming to ignore the fromuser/touser statement. This meant I had the 9 Million rows twice plus the missing 200,000K rows in the live schema and nothing in the recovery.

I managed to resolve the situation but I cannot figure out why the import statement did not work as expected.

Import Command :-

imp system/password@SID buffer=10485760 file=AB1.stat.dmp ignore=y log=AB1.stat_imp.log constraints=n indexes=n recordlength=10485760 fromuser=ab1 touser=ab1recovery full=y
Re: Why did fromuser touser not work [message #72572 is a reply to message #72570] Tue, 22 July 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
are u taking the export as a dba user
and
importing as a dba user?
Re: Why did fromuser touser not work [message #72578 is a reply to message #72572] Wed, 23 July 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart Macpherson
I took the export from the clone DB as the schema owner ab1 (not a dba user) and I tried to import to the live DB as the system user.
Re: Why did fromuser touser not work [message #72581 is a reply to message #72578] Wed, 23 July 2003 14:56 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
check the tables in system's schema.
If you find the imported tables there, there is something wrong with your exp/imp.
We export/import data between the databases and schemas very frequently ( daily) and never had any issue
Previous Topic: creating a table space....in 8i or 8.....?
Next Topic: URGENT...Exporting XML from forms!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 14:05:00 CDT 2024