Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle 9i installation
oracle 9i installation [message #63860] Wed, 17 November 2004 12:29 Go to next message
Franck
Hi

I have following errors during installation of 9i on a XP machine.
What could be the cause ? how to solve this issue ? 
Thanks
Franck

Database Configuration assistant
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initializeCluster
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.nativesystem.WindowsSystem.initializeCluster(WindowsSystem.java:390)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes.initializeCluster(GetActiveNodes.java:260)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes$ClusterWareThread.<init>(Compiled Code)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes.<init>(GetActiveNodes.java:139)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes.create(GetActiveNodes.java:158)
 at
 at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Verifier.isRawFeasible(Compiled Code)
 at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Verifier.processRawConfigFile(Compiled Code)
 at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.ProgressOnlyHost.performOperation(ProgressOnlyHost.java:138)
 at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Host.startOperation(Host.java:2171)
 at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.execute(Dbca.java:99)
 at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.main(Dbca.java:161)

Agent Configuration Assistant

<DIV>Parameter "orahome" = C:oracleora92
    Parameter "nodeinfo" = NO_VALUE
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initializeCluster
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.nativesystem.WindowsSystem.initializeCluster(WindowsSystem.java:390)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes.initializeCluster(GetActiveNodes.java:260)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes$ClusterWareThread.<init>(Compiled Code)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes.<init>(GetActiveNodes.java:139)
 at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.GetActiveNodes.create(GetActiveNodes.java:158)
 at oracle.agent.AgentCA.configureOPS(AgentCA.java:74)
 at oracle.agent.AgentCA.main(AgentCA.java:39)
Exception in thread "main" </DIV>
Re: oracle 9i installation [message #63863 is a reply to message #63860] Wed, 17 November 2004 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Do you have Oracle 10g installed on the same box? If so, look at the solutions described here - http://orafaq.net/maillist/oracle-l/2004/10/08/0335.htm

"Solution 1: When you try to run v9 dbca (or other utilities), the 'Path ' may not include C:oracle10.1.0Db_1bin or C:oracle10.1.0Client_1bin

Solution 2: You can run v9 dbca successfully, even if the 'Path' includes v9 and v10 if you *rename* the 10g "orasrvm.DLL" found in any 10g BIN directory. Rename it back after you are done."

BTW: you could have found this yourself by searching this site!

Best regards.

Frank
Re: oracle 9i installation [message #308104 is a reply to message #63863] Fri, 21 March 2008 03:36 Go to previous message
Llemon51
This is an update to this posting from a while back about DBCA not working (throws java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError error) with both 9i DB and a 10g product installed on the same computer. I did not have any luck with changing the name of the orasrvm.DLL (I could only locate files named orasrvm10.DLL) and changing the path variable each time seemed cumbersome. I did get a batch file to work with the following two lines.

path=C:\oracle\ora92\lib;C:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\bin\client;C:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\bin;C:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin

dbca
Previous Topic: adump folder populating with aud extension file
Next Topic: ORA-00023
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:03:59 CDT 2024